Yoga on the Morning Deck

 Just as the sun is beginning to stretch over the eastern mountains, I lay my yoga mat on the deck. 

Another beautiful fall morning. 

I find a meditation practice that will inspire productivity, positivity, and gratitude. 

One's morning should be as carefully curated as a cruise line itinerary. Because days are limited to only one morning. That's all we get. Depending on your sleep habits, whether you send children-off-to-school, whether you have a work schedule, REGARDLESS, your morning is very short. It may be like standing on the edge of a cliff with a strong breeze. You may have to fight for your position. But whatever your morning is or consists of, you deserve to have a curated morning.

Curated doesn't mean scheduled. Curated may mean waking slowly, stretching, deck yoga, writing, heading off to the dentist. Or it may mean lying in bed until noon finishing a Tolstoy novel. It may mean waking before sunrise and going for a mountain run. Or getting up a half hour earlier, before the kids rattle the house.

To curate is to carefully choose and organize.

Curated means intentional. Whether that is a 5:00 a.m. run or making time for breakfast before work, a curated morning is an intentional morning.

This morning, I had a thirty minute window to curate my morning experience. I had big intentions for my one thousand, eight hundred minutes. But I got caught up in the sky. While lying on my yoga mat, I looked straight up instead of all around, and the clouds were enchanting. And I wondered, what if the morning clouds were auspicious portents for the day ahead?

What if we read clouds like tea leaves, or lines in our palms, or that day's horoscope? What if the dragon mouth puffing balls of smoke was a predictor of an energetic day of expression, or the wispy hourglass was a message to watch my time? 

From the Greek verb: ἀποφαίνειν, comes a German word: apophenia--meant to describe a human propensity to unreasonably seek patters in random information, but I just simply call it fun.

And fun=a curated morning.

Comments