It was only a seven minute drive to school. Five minutes if I hit three traffic lights perfectly. It was enough time to blow dry at least one side of my head or both sides if the weather was warm, and the convertible top was down.
I was blessed with thick hair but with little patience to care for it. Over the years, I've found it easier to care for long hair over short hair. Unruly, thick, short hair, tends to stick out like the leaves atop a pineapple.
In addition to not wanting to care for my hair, I tend to leave too little time for the task. I've been forced to find alternatives. I learned how to both drive and dry my hair.
It's even better if Tony is driving.
On Sunday mornings, we need to leave our house by 8:40 a.m. to make it to the hospital by 9:00. This leaves very little time for hair care. I started rolling down the window, and since I wasn't driving, I could rotate my head in all directions and end up at the hospital with a $100 Brazilian Blow-Out for free. All while still wearing a seatbelt.
And few things are as fun as hearing Tony refer to me as, "My puppy."
My hair is longer now than I ever expected it would be. After my Sunday ride blow-dry, when my mom saw me later on Zoom, she commented how great my hair looked.
Hmmm, I was on to something.
So this morning when I again timed my departure too late to shower and dry my hair, I remembered I could dry it on the way over to the dentist. But I had planned to ride my bike. I didn't want to give up that adventure, so with brush in hand, I flew down the hillside, down the bike path, to the road, all the while brushing my hair. (Do not try this at home). I arrived at the dentist with dry hair and a lot of body--which the helmet quickly ruined on the ride back home.
Winter? You may ask. Well, it still works. Tony wears a coat. Cold air and wind dries as quickly as warm air. But the bicycle is out. I can't imagine brushing ice crystals as I shiver down the hill.
Comments