Of Good Things

 "I want a life full of things I've created." 

Anica Rissi-children's author in a lecture on process for VCFA

What does this mean? For Anica, it means the fiction she creates for children. But there are deeper implications in her words.

The things we create are not just words in a book or clothes we fold in a drawer; they are not only the cake we baked, or the craft on a shelf. In everything we do-- is creation.

Snap at your child? You've created discomfort and regret. 

Think negatively? You've created a spiral away from possibility.

But...

Lift weights or take a walk? You've created a healthy path.

Read a good book? You've created new ways of thinking.

Listen to someone's idea? You've created respect and a window of new thought.

Collect your neighbor's mail while she's gone? You've created goodwill.

Apologize? You've created trust.

Yes, I want a life full of things I've created~~


Pat Martinez

Comments