The book I am reading (Rick, Rubin. The Creative Act: A Way of Being) encourages readers to
Look for what you notice
but no one else sees.
How will I know what no one else sees? Impossible to answer but I took the suggestion as a call to just look deeper.
While riding bikes along the sea, I watched as two pelicans made that last second change of direction and swooped straight down at remarkable speed to snatch a fish out of the water.
It was exhilarating. Beautiful. I came home and wrote down the visual. And then I asked Tony, "Did you notice the pelicans swooping for fish?"
"I didn't."
I was awakened to the author's suggestion.
It really wasn't to assume that other people don't notice things, but a call (as I received) to look deeper-beyond the obvious. In nature and in the nature of being human.
Comments