Exceedingly Great Joy

 "...and they did worship God with exceedingly great joy." Alma 45:1

A dear friend is slowly losing her husband to an insidious disease. She is a devout Christian. She suffers, but she worships God with exceedingly great joy. She finds joy in her patients. She finds joy in her eleven-month grandson. She finds joy in the fellowship of her parish. 

When I read the scripture, I thought of her. 

Then I had a better thought: send her the scripture and tell her it reminded me of her.

I got an immediate reply and photo, I am leaning into my Bible art journaling, another form of worship and it does bring me joy.

Which gave me the chance to bring more joy to her. One of her artworks is posted on my bulletin board. I snapped a photo of it and sent it right back.

Her response: Oh that warms my heart.

Accompanied by a promise to paint yet another beautiful image. 

Our technology capabilities leave us no excuse to not pass on gratitude, well wishes, and love. We can do good in seconds--a thought tempered by the reality that we can do bad in seconds. 

Choose good and worship God with exceedingly great joy~~this is his commandment "Love one another as I have loved you~~in the worship, loving one another is exceedingly great joy.

Comments