I add a riddle to the family text thread--just to give a little variety to the normal discourse. It's a riddle that resurfaced in an old file, torn from a magazine, many moons ago. I can't give credit to the originator, but that person has my admiration for cleverness.
The riddle: Bonnie’s father has five daughters and no sons. Four of the daughters are named Chacha, Cheche, Chichi, and Chocho. What is the fifth daughter’s name?
Answer will be found at the bottom.
Before laboring for the answer, I had to see if the answer was included. I easily found it; I was knocked out of the competition.
Within a few minutes, the correct answer came from a daughter. She wrote: I know! She held off writing it in the text for the other competitors.
Two grandsons labored but never got it. My mom labored and got it with a hint. Two daughters admitted they didn't have the will to even try. Another daughter sent in the wrong answer.
The wrong, but logical answer was chuchu--for players who followed the sequence of verbs.
The correct answer is Bonnie.
It's funny how focused we become on what appears to be the obvious answer.
It's funny how some of us admit defeat without even trying.
Pat Martinez
Comments