Like A Viking

 An Arctic storm is blowing through Iceland, and hopefully, tomorrow is the last day.

But it is the first day of our hike. 

The adventure begins with an Arctic blast bang! Woo hoo!!! And our first stop is a pool of hot springs. Do we want to partake in hot springs when it could be 32 degrees outside, when we would have to pack a wet bathing suit into our daypacks?

When the weather changes, our lives change. 

I will not have internet access to post my essays--or what I call essays. 

It was the French writer, Michel de Montaigne who in the mid 16th century coined the term "essay." It is from the French verb "essayer," to try.  When I write, I am but trying to form cohesive thoughts and memories into a readable format called the essay. To try is enough. 

As we traverse over rough and gorgeous Icelandic country I will "essay" in my mind. It is a constant part of my life. I will write out my "essays." And when I return, I will post my essays by retro days. I like to look at the dates and see that I don't miss a day. 

Wish me luck as I wander around the country like a Viking of old.

Comments