My Father

 Last night, I saw my father in my dreams. He was so young and so very handsome. He was happy. So happy.

There was no context for seeing him. There wasn't a story that surrounded his appearance. He was just there. Standing. Wearing dark slacks and a brown sweater.

This morning I awoke to a last-night text from my sister. She was thinking of my father too because...the next day, or today is his death day. He died on August 12, 2014. I wouldn't have remembered if she hadn't sent the text.

There is a connection to my sister's text, my dream, and that it came together on this memorialized day. Years ago, I found in an old book (Messages of the First Presidency), in the Special Collections at the library, a quote from Joseph F Smith. It solidified what I had suspected.

"Surely those who have passed beyond, can see more clearly through the veil back here to us than it is possible for us to see them from our sphere. We are not separated from them.

We are united to them by ties that cannot be broken. I claim that we live in their presence.

They see us. They are solicitous for our welfare. They love us now more than ever. They see the dangers that beset us. Hence, their solicitude for us. And their love for us, and their desire for our well-being is greater than we can ever feel for ourselves." -Joseph F Smith

It doesn't specifically address dreams, but dreams can be a conduit of communication. 

My father was communicating.

Comments