Why Christmas?

 

My daughter attended a work-colleague get together at the beginning of the school year. In this meeting, each person was asked to reveal a characteristic  and the rest of the colleagues were supposed to guess to whom this unique quality belonged.

After revealing the quirkiest of quirks, my daughter said to a person within this circle, "I bet you would have never guessed that belonged to me." 

He replied that he did guess  it was hers. Because, he said, "You were the only one confident enough to reveal such a trait."

When my daughter walked upstairs wearing this sweatshirt, I expressed how beautiful a phrase it was. When she saw the shirt, it spoke deeply to her. As she explained, and as I understood how it had moved her, it had the same effect upon me.

And thus is the purpose of Christmas~~that every soul may feel its worth. This  celebration of a great, almost incomprehensible plan proves this worth: the miraculous birth of the son of God.

His birth, life, and death had one ultimate goal: that every child of God may have life eternal.

Wise men and women still seek him. 

Merry Christmas

Comments