A student walked into class, "Mrs Martinez, I saw something beautiful today."
The young man proceeded to explain that he was in the parking lot at Wal-mart and an older woman (my age), came out of the store pushing her cart. Once it had some momentum, she jumped on for the ride.
I loved that he found beauty in someone else's playfulness.
Today as I sat in the dentist chair, gazing out the big picture windows that overlooks a park, I saw two people walking two dogs. One of the persons tossed a tennis ball and the ambitious dog sprung into the air and caught the ball. It was beautiful. From the first toss to the dog landing.
I love that I saw beauty in someone's morning walk with the dogs.
Vincent Van Gogh wrote his brother Theo in 1874, ...find things beautiful as much as you can; most people find too little beautiful.
Comments