Ol' Walt

  

I would bet money that I think of Walt Disney more than the average person, and more than my children would ever suspect.


When descending stairs into a cave, I think of Tom Sawyer Island. While walking down a trail with family, I sing “Hi Ho, Hi Ho, it’s off to work we go.” 


When floating the Elkhorn River, I know Walt must have done the same--for how else could he have created the “swoosh” of a Disneyland ride.


During WWI, at age 16, Walt forged his birth certificate to join the Red Cross and was shipped off to France. In 1931, he went to Cuba and sailed the Panama Canal. He traveled to South America in 1941. What grand adventures! Travel was most often by rail and I’m sure this is why we have the Disneyland Railroad.


So when I am only on flight number one of a two-flight day, even then I think of Walt, for I am certain: Walt Disney’s travel adventures and trials were a precursor to Disneyland! What pray tell are mine?



If Walt could do it, so can I.








 

Comments