We wait for Tony's covid test results. We are baffled as he's been teaching from home. His car has barely moved out of the garage. He's been diligent in wearing a mask. We don't know anyone who has or who has had it.
Let God prevail.
How do I soothe the pain, how do I best help my daughter through post divorce with an ex who is a cruel bully? I am in daily turmoil and realize my pain can only be a fraction of hers.
Let God prevail.
My teaching partner worries she won't make it through Thanksgiving with the students. She fears in-the-classroom teaching will be canceled and she will have to teach the rest of Great Gatsby on-line. Gatsby is a book that needs tremendous in-person guidance because it is a classic but it has elements of a broken/bent book. Broken books confuse evil and good and can confuse the reader. GG has an important message, but it must be mined by an experienced teacher.
Let God prevail.
Our daughter's pregnancy is complicated, exhausting, and traumatic.
Let God prevail.
Tony's brother calls to see if we are all getting together for Thanksgiving! Tony kindly, gently breaks the news that we may not even be getting together as an immediate family.
As we discuss the pending cancelation of Thanksgiving, Tony suggests, "We'll go to Kneaders drive-thru, order a turkey sandwich for me, a tofu for you, and come home and eat it." It doesn't sound too bad yet I feel loss and sadness.
Let God prevail.
~~
Tony tested positive.
My daughter grows stronger.
Covid cases decrease; school will probably be saved.
The birth follows the pattern of the pregnancy, but 24 hours of labor later, a beautiful seven pound baby enters the world.
God prevails. May he always prevail. May I always believe he prevails.
Comments