Mom

When her mom was gone all day, and had sent her a marco polo, little Wuwu, watched the video with intent.

She was sitting on my lap, and after the first play, she insisted on watching it again. I tried to get her to return the marco polo with one of her own, but she wiggled and protested only as a two year old can. It was then that I realized what a pushover I was, and how I would always be at the mercy of this two year old.

 By the second and third watch, Wuwu was back loading and pushing the play button herself. After ten replays, I needed to stand up, and I relinquished the phone to the two year old.

Needing to tend to the cares of her little sister, I handed the two year old and my phone, over to the big sister, who wrapped her up and placed her in her bed.

My estimate of times the video was watched was at least 40.

It got me thinking of Moms, and Dads. I always knew I was important to my children, but it was a kind-of-knowing I took for granted.

When her mother wasn't present, the next best thing was her video presence and assurance of her existence in her absence.

It's hard to imagine how a two year old thinks, but one thought about one relationship, is certain.




Comments