WITHOUT GRATITUDE, HOPE WILL FADE
"If the only prayer you ever say in your life is 'Thank you,' it will be enough." Meister Eckhart.
In the past few days I've been caught in the vortex of worry and busy-ness: get everyone to the airport; too much Christmas chocolate; how to keep everyone healthy amidst a tsunami of coughing; the empty suitcases waiting to be packed with everything-I-will-need-for-six-months, and foremost the sadness of EVERYTHING I will leave behind: children, comforts of home, teaching, the security of America.
I even forgot about New Years. Though I'm two days behind, I'm actually 363 days ahead concerning New Year's resolutions.
Inspired by instagram posts of the people I follow, I have chosen gratitude. To everyday be grateful.
Today's gratitude is simply for garbage collection. After a four-family Christmas and 17 houseguests, it is a premium service. When I went out to take a photo, I was also astoundingly grateful for the beauty of the morning which I would have missed if I hadn't been grateful for city sanitation. I am now sucked into the vortex of thankfulness: Thankful for family! Thankful for adventure! Thankful for spirit-feeding gratitude!
WITH GRATITUDE, HOPE WILL FLOURISH
"If the only prayer you ever say in your life is 'Thank you,' it will be enough." Meister Eckhart.
Comments