I have an instagram account. I love to post. It demands succinct thoughts painted by or paired with an image. Because of the required imagery to post, I often see things that otherwise would go unnoticed. Like the dual shafts of light in the image below. From the light came the words:
I had meant to just walk past this room, but when I saw the morning light streaming in, I paused, picked up a book, and returned to lie within its warmth.
Light holds within its particles comfort and security. Light is a monument, sentries, standing guard, a witness to all that is good and strong. For anything claiming to be such, will have light.
Light’s narrative is truth and joy.
Light brings joy; joy brings light.
My posts tend to be a bit serious, overly reflective, and too often the unpardonable; didactic. I'm careful not to post too often, but hope my images add another dimension to the light and funny posts I viewed this week: a burnt pancake, a leaf, friends studying in the library, grandchildren playing in the snow, and delicious looking food posted by a traveler in Vietnam.
But there's always more to the story, and the more to the story is
Tony.
Each morning he opens the shutters to flood the room with light. Noticing the light today, writing about it, gave me the chance to thank him for his kindness, for his small consideration, his acknowledgement of my love for light.
Tony.
Each morning he opens the shutters to flood the room with light. Noticing the light today, writing about it, gave me the chance to thank him for his kindness, for his small consideration, his acknowledgement of my love for light.
Which reminded me of a greater need than finding Instagram worthy photos and thoughts~~finding the things we can be grateful for. Finding the person to thank. Shooting a prayer heavenward or sending a text.
The astounding beauty of gratitude, of light.
Comments