For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also. Matthew 6:13
There are very few words that can cause as much contemplation as the words from Jesus' Sermon on the Mount.
I've seen the words in calligraphy on a friend's wall; I've seen the French translation on a plaque. I've read them over and again trying to figure out if my treasure and heart are aligned and just how important is it? And what if they aren't?
One December, my friend Jean and her husband left their apartment in Germany for a Christmas holiday in the states. When they returned, they found their apartment in complete disarray. No drawer was unopened, no mattress was unturned, no closet wasn't searched.
But they had taken their treasures with them, because their treasures were always in their heart. Their love, their knowledge, their beliefs, their experiences of service and devotion.
The only nuisance was putting the apartment back together, for nothing had been lost, nothing could be taken.
There are very few words that can cause as much contemplation as the words from Jesus' Sermon on the Mount.
I've seen the words in calligraphy on a friend's wall; I've seen the French translation on a plaque. I've read them over and again trying to figure out if my treasure and heart are aligned and just how important is it? And what if they aren't?
One December, my friend Jean and her husband left their apartment in Germany for a Christmas holiday in the states. When they returned, they found their apartment in complete disarray. No drawer was unopened, no mattress was unturned, no closet wasn't searched.
But they had taken their treasures with them, because their treasures were always in their heart. Their love, their knowledge, their beliefs, their experiences of service and devotion.
The only nuisance was putting the apartment back together, for nothing had been lost, nothing could be taken.
Comments