Two of my children make fun of me because I won't eat at Bistro d'Asia. Every time they mention eating at this restaurant, I recall the time I ordered a salad and after taking a bite, my mouth was filled with a big chunk of mud. Upon further inspection, each leaf's rib was also coated in mud.
Since then, my daughter has eaten there a few times and found her dining experience to be excellent. So she asks, "Mom, how long ago was it? Twenty years?"
I do a little calculation and she's only off by one or two years.
"Isn't it time you let go of your bad experience?"
Then they bring up Pasta Island. Again, fifteen years ago, we had really bad service, a rude waitress, and bad food. I haven't returned. As we pass Pasta Island, they notice the large crowd and delicious looking food.
Again they ask, "Isn't it time you let go of your bad experience?"
~~
The first few days at the ocean, the surge, the undertow is so strong that even the surfers are missing. I find one sitting on the boardwalk and ask why he isn't surfing. He mentions the undertow and no, he won't be surfing. "Too hard to get out."
So I assume, the surf this entire trip will be too rough to fight. I relinquish my desire, the fun I would have had in my surf kayak, on the paddle board,.
On the last day, as I take a late beach walk, I notice surfers and paddle boarders all out in the calm water.
Circumstances change, and I need to change too.
Since then, my daughter has eaten there a few times and found her dining experience to be excellent. So she asks, "Mom, how long ago was it? Twenty years?"
I do a little calculation and she's only off by one or two years.
"Isn't it time you let go of your bad experience?"
Then they bring up Pasta Island. Again, fifteen years ago, we had really bad service, a rude waitress, and bad food. I haven't returned. As we pass Pasta Island, they notice the large crowd and delicious looking food.
Again they ask, "Isn't it time you let go of your bad experience?"
~~
The first few days at the ocean, the surge, the undertow is so strong that even the surfers are missing. I find one sitting on the boardwalk and ask why he isn't surfing. He mentions the undertow and no, he won't be surfing. "Too hard to get out."
So I assume, the surf this entire trip will be too rough to fight. I relinquish my desire, the fun I would have had in my surf kayak, on the paddle board,.
On the last day, as I take a late beach walk, I notice surfers and paddle boarders all out in the calm water.
Circumstances change, and I need to change too.
Comments