Elusive Sleep

It's difficult to sleep at 3:44 a.m. when the rain is beating hard against the windows behind  the bed.

It's difficult to sleep in at 5:55 when I haven't packed yet for our 11:00 a.m flight.

It's difficult to go back to bed at 6:22 when I've gotten up and read the morning news, after I should have stopped with the first update on the latest predator in high places.

The bombardment is too much. It steals hope. We stand under a cloud thinking it's overcast everywhere, but two steps to the left, the sun is melting wax.

These incidences make the news because they are news. They are the anomaly. Keep thinking about all the good men and women, but I can't if I keep reading. I know enough. I coax myself to stop reading.

Keep thinking about all the good men and women. Become a better woman. It's all I can do; it's the best I can do.

It's the way to sleep well.

Comments