There is larvae and capped brood. First crisis overcome.
I also started taking a flashlight to look in the observation window. I was worried the bright white light would traumatize the secret hive activities but have been reassured by fellow bee hivers it would not.
And was I ever rewarded today. I actually saw perfectly clear the minuscule bee eggs. Beautifully sitting in textbook perfection in each hexagon.
The hive is going to make it!! At least this month.
And now, I am leaving my hive with the queen bees.
All the mishaps made them easier to leave--I realized as much as we try to believe we are in charge, we cannot control nature. We can try, we always do and always will, but in the end?? We'll see.
I also started taking a flashlight to look in the observation window. I was worried the bright white light would traumatize the secret hive activities but have been reassured by fellow bee hivers it would not.
And was I ever rewarded today. I actually saw perfectly clear the minuscule bee eggs. Beautifully sitting in textbook perfection in each hexagon.
The hive is going to make it!! At least this month.
And now, I am leaving my hive with the queen bees.
All the mishaps made them easier to leave--I realized as much as we try to believe we are in charge, we cannot control nature. We can try, we always do and always will, but in the end?? We'll see.
Comments