Acquisition editor who loves the story Becca and I wrote was not a powerful enough source to make it happen. The book was tied up for over a year with monthly, sometimes weekly promises of it almost making it to publication.
In the end, the decision not to publish the book was based on a sales force that wouldn't know how to market the book.
Am I sad? Yes.
Disappointed? Yes.
Surprised? No.
There is a tenacity required of those seeking publication. Tenacity can be a good thing and someday I'll be thankful for the situation that helped me to develop tenacity.
In the end, the decision not to publish the book was based on a sales force that wouldn't know how to market the book.
Am I sad? Yes.
Disappointed? Yes.
Surprised? No.
There is a tenacity required of those seeking publication. Tenacity can be a good thing and someday I'll be thankful for the situation that helped me to develop tenacity.
Comments
If only we could write and never have to worry about the publication end of things, we wouldn't give ourselves ulcers.
Good luck with everything, Pat!