Monday, February 27, 2017

Ambassadorial Goodwill

Dear Professor H,

You recently sent my husband (Dr. M), a decorative clock as a thank-you for his work.

When my husband showed me the clock, I was sitting at my desk preparing a history lesson on the past conflicts between Iran and the US. It was a  moment of serendipity to have a gift of gratitude and beauty placed into my hands-- I no longer saw the past, but the present~~that we are just people who enjoy beauty, who work to support our families, and that we all desire peace and love for each other. 

I was able to share this with my students. Your gift reached beyond my husband. Your kindness and the artisanship of Iran taught a group of American students too. 

Much gratitude,

Pat M & students

Professor H's reply:


Dear Pat M,
Thank you very much for your kind message. It is a great pleasure that you liked the clock. I appreciate you and your students for the lovely photo. I wish the best for all of you.

An ambassador: an unofficial representative of goodwill.