Wednesday, July 27, 2016

When It's Least Expected


Hi______,

I was on my way to the bank to get money and a check for another family who had just lost their father/husband after a long battle to cancer and another family who'd lost a child. I told my daughter and she said, "If you want to give more money, I have another friend whose sister is trying to establish a fund for her children. Her husband died from a brain tumor just a few months ago." 

I already felt I was doing my share, but then she described your situation and topped it off with her own story. When my daughter was in the fifth grade, she was a tiny thing and apparently was always chosen last for the kickball team. On one occasion, you and your sister were in the powerful positions of both being team captains. Before the team choosing began, you conspired together to choose my daughter first! She told me how much this had meant to her as a fifth grader. 

I left my daughter and as I ran my errands, I couldn't shake that kind favor that occurred at least twenty years ago. I realized it was time to return your kindness to my child, to your own children.

May God bless you and keep you.
Another time, another grateful Mom.