Saturday, June 11, 2016

Positive Thoughts to the Universe



A day ago, a recent graduate tweeted, "I hate everything about me, TBH." I was so surprised at the student's public, self abasement, I didn't know how to respond, so I didn't.

This morning I awoke at 5:33, thinking about the tweet knowing I had to respond, and wondering why I hadn't replied to her public cry.

When I found her day old tweet, no one had responded. Like me, they probably didn't know how to respond. Shame on me. Shame on us.

Many things I love about you. See through my eyes until you have clarity, I wrote. It took 20 seconds. Within an hour, I received email notification that she liked my tweet.

Which means she needed a response, needed for someone to pick up the bone she'd tossed into the universe, and needed it tossed back with a love note tied around it.

Modern technology has given us a way to literally send positive thoughts into the universe. I didn't need to buy a card, write it out, find an address, and buy a stamp. I didn't need to find the time to make a phone call. I didn't even have to meditate. I only needed to respond. Positively.

Be stingy with criticism, be generous with praise.