Saturday, July 25, 2015

The Twins: Sorrow and Joy

Yesterday morning, I awoke weepy and melancholy as I realized a chapter in our lives was about to close. It was the day before our youngest daughter's wedding. At the core of my heart, I felt all the years of mothering privilege, and sadness will always accompany the end of a true privilege. I told my hairdresser I wanted to crawl under a rock.

Fortunately, the day changed. As the pre-wedding dinner grew closer, my melancholy lightened, my gratitude increased, the family gathering grew, and I began to bask in the joy, leaving that sorrow behind like an old skin. It had its place, its time, but celebration was at hand, and I wanted to be in its palm.



In joy's palm

Ahhh...but one chapter ends, and another begins! More chapters until the end of the book, and at the end of the book--always the possibility of a sequel!

Nothing could make me happier than writing more, but a joyful celebration awaits! A time to live and a time to reflect on living.